IMPORTANT TRAVEL INFORMATION
At Novotel Sunshine Coast Resort and the Sunshine Coast Convention Centre, our priority is the safety and wellbeing of our guests and team members. Given our obsession around customers, we are closely monitoring the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
Welcoming, safeguarding and taking care of others is at the very heart of what we do and who we are at Accor. The health, safety and wellbeing of our team, guests and community remains our top priority. As we welcome you back, we offer you reassurance our health and safety standards and practises have been elevated even further by launching our ALLSAFE Label which represents some of hospitality’s most stringent cleaning standards.
The ALLSAFE label verified by Bureau Veritas represents our new elevated cleanliness protocols and standards and provides assurance that these standards have been met in our hotel.
For more information on ALLSAFE, please click here.
GENERAL RESORT HEALTH & SAFETY
Novotel Sunshine Coast Resort & Sunshine Coast Convention Centre are currently operating in accordance with the government approved COVID Safe Plan. Please see our audio visual on site partner, AV Partners, COVID Safe Plan here.
Our business and day-to-day operations are running as usual while we continue welcoming our guests, however to minimise any risks we have implemented the following additional measures;
- Increased frequency & coverage of cleaning schedules using specialized disinfectant with particular focus on touch points such as hand railings, door knobs, light switches & bathrooms within guest rooms, meeting rooms, service and public areas.
- Additional hand sanitizer dispensers are in place throughout public areas and back of house.
- Our team members have reinforced personal hygiene practices with regular handwashing using alcohol based sanitizers and are required to sanitize hands upon entry to and use hygienic gloves in kitchen, food preparation or service areas.
- ‘No handshake policy’ implemented for our team members with additional sanitization of work and service areas.Compliance with QLD government accredited food safety program with frequent external food-safe auditing and increased frequency of cleaning to service areas including regular utensil replacement and sanitization.
- Food safety checklists and guidelines are monitored and regularly audited in the kitchen, food storage and delivery areas. Certified cleaning and sanitization products used according to food safety program.
- Daily leadership team briefings to monitor evolving situation and updates.
- Government health fact sheets and personal hygiene signage is displayed and available on request.
Advice to guests Please do not plan to travel within 14 days of arriving from overseas, being diagnosed with Coronavirus, feeling unwell, or having been in close contact with a diagnosed case of Coronavirus. All arriving guests will be asked to complete a health declaration form upon check-in at the resort and any guest that may require self isolation will be advised to follow the latest recommendations from the Australian government department of health.
Travel Policy Updated [17 February 2021] In conjunction with Accor, we have updated our cancellation policies for both new and existing bookings for all stays before 30th June 2021, please click the link for more details https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml
Dining Operation Updates [17 November 2020] There will be changes to dining offerings until further notice to help ensure a safe and healthy environment for guests and team members. Maximum dining numbers will apply in accordance with restrictions as outlined by the Queensland Government (1 patron per 2m2).
Payment Options Update [1 June 2020] Please be informed that to ensure the utmost health and safety of our guests and team members, the resort is now no longer accepting payment by cash. Guests will have the option to pay via eftpos/credit card or by room charge.
Recreational Facilities Update [3 July 2020] Please be informed resort recreational facilities, including Activity Central and the swimming pool are now operating in accordance with the social distancing recommendations as outlined by the Queensland Government. All recreational facilities are exclusive use for in-house Novotel guests only.
Room Linen Update [3 July 2020] Please be informed the in room linen provided to our guests will include basic bed linen and towels. Larger and additonal blankets have been removed from the rooms due to current halth and safety restrictions. These items are availabel to all guests upon request. Should you require additional linen during your stay, please contact our Housekeeping team by dialing 9584 or 9567 from your room phone.
We thank our guests for their understanding and patience during these unprecedented times where we are and will continue to deliver measures that uphold the most hygienic dining options for our guests. We understand your concerns and uncertainty as we as a business and individual employees are experiencing the same unprecedented times that our guests are.
In conjunction with Accor, we have increased communication with tourism industry & accommodation bodies and follow the government public health guidelines to ensure a coordinated approach. We are and will continue to do everything we can to uphold our high standards in maintaining a safe environment and ensure that our hotels, employees and guests remain in a safe, inclusive and healthy environment.
We will continue to monitor all advice from the government and Queensland hotels association and implement steps on a daily basis as needed. Although international travel and inter-state travel have been restricted, to date there have been no restrictions placed on intra-state travel. There have been no confirmed COVID-19 cases at the resort to date and we will continue to follow advice from the health authorities and the federal and state governments in regards to guidelines whilst we continue to offer accommodation services. For official and most up to date advice from the department of health, please visit: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov#prevention